Monday, February 12, 2018

Hanging out with Monica


To anyone who has run with me, you know  that my running idol is Monica Scholz a record holder for a number of Ultra Running events around the world.
Her back yard backs onto the Dundas Valley Conservation area in Ancastor, an area we only refer to is Sulfur Springs Trail.
She contacted me a couple weeks ago to inform me she was having one of her 30km fun runs on February 11th and a pot luck to follow at her home.
Since I am far from doing 30k I offered to be the aid station guy, a position her father used to do, but do to illness can no longer do.
So myself, Terri and Brian made the pilgrimage to 'Monica and Phil's.
The London contingent was from the furthest distance but runners from the GTA were e-mailing regrets a the weather was to bad to travel. WIMPS!!
I am sure that now that they have met Monica and Phil along with some of her ultra friends who did show, they will now be as impressed as me.
Water fall next to the trail by "The Gate House" on the main loop.

Monster Donuts, a small donut company in Hamilton that has line ups around the block by people looking to get a dozen, were part of the pot luck

The aid station goodies. Yes that is sushi on the left.
Hot cider too.

From left to right: Terri, Dominique, Monica, Stephan, Iris and Brian made up the 30k group.
The 10k group started at 11;00
Phil showing off the Slow Poke Ultra Relay Team shirt from the 2017 Sulfur Springs Trail Race

His other prized t-shirt he picked up at a recent outing, just to get a reaction from  his running group.
Not that there is anything wrong with that.

3 comments:

Emily Dawn said...

Hello
I Read your article. Thanks for sharing such beautiful information, and I hope you will share some more info about Poke And Deli. You wrote really very well, I really like your blog and information provided by you. I appreciate your work.
Thanks

Unknown said...

Nothing gets me going like some good old fashioned sodomy after a running race, wouldn't you agree?

BobDofasco said...

Monica Scholz is seriously the most wretched lawyer in existence. All she is after is her client's money. She is sloppy, unprepared and incompetent. If you don't believe me, simply search for her on Lawyerratingz.com. This woman is a criminal and she thrives on vulnerable families. Monica Scholz should be put behind bars.